Tuesday 24 May 2011

Recover Data from the Multisession Writing CD or DVD


The Multisession disc allow you to reuse the disc free space after the first burn. Generally disc not alllow to reuse the remaining space after the first burn but the Multisession disc can hold this. Nothing can be more frustrating than lossing precious data that was important for us. A good CD recovery software can recover data from the disc both single and multi-session writting. Have you ever suffered with the problem of data loss stored on your optical media like CD. DVD. Blu-ray disc or HD DVDs.

Causes of data loss on Optical Media

  • Physical damage to discs (scratches, warped discs)
  • Accidentally deleted files (from rewritable discs)
  • Virus attacks
  • Corrupt file systems
  • Incomplete burns
  • Problems with the dye used in burnable/rewriteable discs (Defective CD or DVD media)
  • Defective CD or DVD burners
  • Human error

Got corrupted files on CD or DVD? Power went out, while recording session? Disc has lots of scratched on surface? All these type of questions can be solve through a good CD DVD recovery software. A recovery software can help in recovery of all lost, deleted or inaccessible data from the optical media because I've experienced the same situation and my situation was that “6 month ago I created a CD full of my important photos. I gave the disc to my friend who was going to add some more photos on it. Somehow, my previous session of the disc got lost when she added the photos and I was very scared. I thought that I have lost my all photos and I'll not recovere that anymore but with the help of Stellar CD DVD recovery software I recovered all my important photos from the lost session easily”. The software asked me for a desire drive to save recoverable files (i) To any attached local hard drive (ii) To any mapped network drive (iii) To a FTP server (iv) To any USB or removable storage media and I like the feature. The software provides two methods of data recovery process 'Optical Media Recovery' and 'Surface Scan or Row Recovery'.

The optical media recovery perform quick scan of the disk and shows all the recoverable data in the disc. Second surface scan or row recovery process perform deep scan of the disk and recovers all lost/deleted/corrupted data. The surface or row recovery feature is more usable in case of damaged disc. There are some other features of the software which I like most:-

  • Surface Scan Recovery
  • Multi-session writting disc recovery
  • Recovery of data written in packet writting technique
  • Recovery from the image whether the original optical media present or not
  • Save the scan information for later recovery
  • Filter to recover only selected type of files

I was also looking for the data recovery software which has equal features like above all but I found many more extra advanced features of data recovery from the lost/corrupted/inaccessible optical media in this software.

No comments:

Post a Comment